The journal aims to report yearly on acceptance rates, times to initial decision, and other data.
- In 2019, RP received 124 papers. 9 of those were invited submissions (for such things as conferences and speaker series). 115 of the submissions were unsolicited, of which 15 were accepted—an acceptance rate of 13%.
- The average time from submission to initial decision for unsolicited papers that were sent out for external review was 76 days. Including desk rejections, the overall average time to initial decision for all unsolicited papers was 48 days.
- 20 (17%) of the 115 unsolicited submissions had at least one female author. 4 of those (or 20%) were accepted for publication after anonymous review.
- 99 (86%) of the 115 unsolicited submissions had at least one male author. 12 of those (or 12%) were accepted for publication after anonymous review.
- 33% of all accepted papers solicited or unsolicited (i.e., 8 of 24 accepted papers) had a female author.
Gender data for unsolicited submissions is not available to editors prior to final verdicts.